- What are cookies?
- Cookies are small files downloaded to your computer when you visit a webpage.
That is, an information packet containing data determined by the server, which the server sends to the browser and the browser back to server with every request. Its function is to introduce state into otherwise stateless HTTP transactions. Browsers usually store cookies in plain text files - cookie files -, thus they remain available even after the user exits and restarts the browser.
- What kind of cookies does Vodafone use and for what purpose?
- Cookies serve a multitude of purposes; their functions and their expiration times are listed in the table below.
- Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are indispensable for the website and some of its services to operate properly. They are necessary for browsing our site, using its functions and for the operations carried out on the website to be remembered. These cookies are only valid during the given visit to the site; they are automatically deleted from the computer at the end of the session or when the browser is closed.
- Performance cookies
We endeavor to continuously improve and enhance our website for our visitors and these cookies help us by enabling us to analyze our website's performance.
With the help of Google Analytics cookies, we collect data about the usage of our website: e.g. which pages the users visited, where they clicked, how long they stayed on a page, what kind of error messages they encountered, etc. It is important to note that these cookies cannot – and will not - identify the visitors (their current IP address is only partially stored, too). You can read more about these cookies here.
- Functionality cookies
These cookies make using the website easier and more enjoyable, e.g. the site will remember what products you put in your cart before.
- Targeting cookies or advertising cookies
We share certain contents of these cookies with third parties who we advertise with. (You can disable this feature at any time.)
The cookies' purpose is to help display advertisements which may be interesting or important to the visitors. The cookies check which pages the users looked at, where they clicked, how many pages they visited. These cookies cannot identify the visitors either (their current IP address is only partially stored).
- Strictly necessary cookies
- What are third party cookies?
Third party cookies also include cookies which we receive from our advertising partners to be able to measure the effectiveness of our campaigns (e.g. Google AdWords Conversion Tracking). These are only sent to your computer when you visit certain subpages, and we only record the fact that you visited the page and the time of your visit.
- How do we inform visitors and how do we ask for their permission?
- When you first visit Vodafone Hungary Zrt.'s (Vodafone) website, a message will be displayed at the top of the page, informing you that Vodafone uses the cookies described here and linking to this article. This message will continue to pop up until accepted – not accepting it is considered as refusal -, and also when there has been a change implemented in the policy.
- How can you control/delete/remove cookies?
- To ensure the proper operation of websites, most browsers automatically accept cookies.
It is important to know that if you choose to disable or delete some or all of the cookies – which you can do in your browser's settings at any time – the functioning of the website will change, affecting the other users of your computer as well.
- You can read about the cookie settings of the most popular browsers on the following pages:
- More information about cookies: